As a merchant of Morningstar Merchant Solutions, you’ll have access to some of the most flexible payment acceptance options in the industry. In addition to our state-of-the-art hardware and technology, you can take advantage of our competitive rates, transaction security, flexible billing, timely and accurate reporting options, and a variety of connectivity options, such as wireline, wireless and IP.
Credit Card Processing
It’s a fact that accepting credit cards can help you improve cash flow and increase sales, but it doesn’t come without some added hassles and concerns. You can count on us to help you every way we can to make credit card transactions as easy and secure as possible.
- Uptime of 99.99% and approvals in 1.9 seconds or less
- Compliance with all applicable card industry standards
- Potential for next business-day funding
- Flexible product and pricing options for your specific needs
- Automatic electronic deposits to your merchant account
- Risk management programs to minimize fraud losses
- Online reporting to manage all of your transactions
Debit Card Processing
One of today’s fastest growing payment methods, debit cards offer a long list of benefits that customers are starting to rely on. Whether it’s to access cash, buy goods, pay bills or use electronic benefits from government assistance programs, our debit processing with signature- or PIN-secured debit cards can help you meet your customers’ needs—and then some.
While you provide your customers with all the debit card benefits they enjoy, especially fewer trips to the ATM, you can look forward to some benefits of your own.
- Uptime of 99.99% and approvals in 1.9 seconds or less
- Seamless integration into third-party software packages
- Compliance with all card industry standards including the latest PCI PIN Entry Device (PED) requirements
- Flexible product and pricing options to best meet your specific needs
- Automatic electronic deposits to your business account for all payment types
- Convenience of “cash back” provides customer convenience and encourages customer loyalty
EMV is a fraud-reducing technology that can help protect merchants against losses from accepting counterfeit and lost or stolen payment cards at the point-of-sale (POS). Named for the three companies that originally sponsored the technology—Europay, MasterCard and Visa—EMV cards contain embedded microprocessors or chips that interact with the POS device.
Starting October 1, 2015, merchants who still accept magnetic-stripe cards with their POS devices will assume liability for any fraud resulting from those transactions. The exception is for merchants using automated fuel dispensers; liability shifts to them in 2017.
Adding EMV as part of an overall, multi-layered data security solution ensures the card is valid and, with the use of a PIN, that it belongs to the person using it. It also allows merchants to:
- Better protect against fraudulent card use
- Avoid unnecessary fraud liability
- Reduce skimming at POS
- Protect their customers’ card data
- Accept foreign cards that are already EMV-enabled
The EMV card transaction Transactions using EMV cards are fast and easy for merchants and customers alike. You and your staff may need to show customers who are unfamiliar with the chip-based cards how to insert them in EMV-enabled devices and then how to authenticate their identification with their PIN. The device will prompt them throughout the process, including when to remove their card when the process concludes.
EMV works with contactless cards and phones and fobs containing the chip, too. You simply enter the sale amount, and the customer then taps the card, phone or fob on the terminal, following the simple prompts..
Future-proof your POS equipment Upgrading your technology for payment processing not only protects you from fraud but can help you provide better service to your customers too. Upgrading can help you accept additional payment types your competitors are not accepting today such as Apple Pay—which offers nearly a 53% faster transaction than traditional magnetic stripes. This could give you a competitive differentiator in your marketplace while increasing the security of your sales transactions.
EMV chip technology represents a dynamic shift in the way transactions are processed and will soon be ubiquitous in payment processing. Now is the time to learn more about how EMV and other payment technologies can help your business.
About Apple Pay
Be ready to offer what your customers want. Apple Pay is the new and exciting contactless payment option that lets your customers make their purchases safely, securely and effortlessly.
It’s secure–EMVTM-compliant security features are built right in, so you and your customers can transact with confidence.
It’s fast–Payments happen in a single touch, allowing customers to get in and out quickly.
It’s convenient–Apple Pay comes with your customers’ Apple© iPhone© 6 or Apple© Watch, so it’s always ready wherever they are—especially in your store.
It’s easy–No special instructions are required. Apple Pay is the easy-to-understand payment method for customers and cashiers.
TeleCheck Check Acceptance
TeleCheck® Check Acceptance Solutions helps you accommodate your check customers safely and conveniently, while you accelerate your cash flow, reduce operating expenses and increase sales.
- Make fewer trips to the bank
- Reduce bank fees and processing costs
- Improve cash flow and operational efficiencies
- Streamline back-office operations
- Reduce the risk of lost, stolen or damaged checks
- Protect your customers’ personal information
- TeleCheck Electronic Check Acceptance
- TeleCheck Paper Check Acceptance
- TeleCheck e-Deposit
- TeleCheck Electronic Check on Delivery
- First Data Collections Services
Gift cards will always be in demand. They all but guarantee an effortless and successful gift-giving experience. Your business can’t really go wrong with them either. They can drive traffic to your business, increase sales and build brand awareness. Studies even show that 71% of customers spend more than the amount of the gift card upon redemption.
With simple order forms, an intuitive POS application and bundled packages that include merchandising materials, you can create and manage your store-branded gift card program like a pro.
- Real-time transaction processing ensures accurate account balances
- Convenient reporting options: online, via terminal, or in-statement
- Bundled packages include gift cards and merchandising material
- Customized gift cards and a wide variety of standard designs available
- Welcome kit includes a helpful guide with proven marketing tips
- Live support 24/7 by trained service specialists
Get the most out of your gift card program with enhanced features like these:
- Third-party distribution options expand both physical and virtual card sales
- Multiple promo features allow you to generate more foot traffic
- Advanced reporting for greater insight into promotion success and trends.
Fleet Cards – Wright Express
- One of the leading fleet cards in the nation
- Accepted at over 90% of the retail fuel locations in the US
- Accepted at over 45,000 maintenance locations
Provide the tools to:
- Put information at your fingertips
- Improve fleet efficiency
- Increase security of your fleet
- Help save up to 15% on fuel & administrative costs annually
- Reduce the risk of fraud
- Ease administrative hassles
SwipeSmarter with the WEX Fleet Card and achieve the power to save money and time for your business every day